Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Brewers First Base Situation

HERE IT COMES, THE TOUGH ONE.

1) PRINCE IS GONE, OH NO!!!
2) Don't you fret now, i have a solution!! Heres what the Brewers should do: Trade for a guy in Toronto by the name of Adam Lind. WHY?? Because Mat Gamel is not the answer at first base. And because Lind struggled towards the end of the year, he is going to be cheap. I'm thinking Gamel and Mcgehee? Why do I want Lind, now you ask? Well he hits for a lot of home runs. And thats what this team is missing when fielder leaves. His average is sub-par, but he would be a nice hitter in the number 5 spot behind Rickie Weeks. This is the ideal situation for the Brewers, because they do not lose power at the first base spot.

NEXT UP!!! Second Base.

3 comments:

  1. Jacob, I love your idea of Adam Lind! Toronto probably would be very willing to trade a player to the Brewers based on its recent track record of receiving pleasant surprise Carlos Villanueva and future star Brett Lawrie from the Crew. If the Jays would trade Adam Lind for Casey McGehee and Mat Gamel, I'd take that in a heartbeat. Hopefully, Dale Svuem gets the managerial job in Boston, so the Brewers can obtain a hitting coach who can teach consistency. Lind has underachieved recently, but has lots of potential and offers a great target at first.

    Jacob, what are your thoughts on moving Carlos Gomez to short and re-signing Jerry Hairston to start permanently at third?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would rather keep Go-Go at Center field, because he is an excellent defender there. I will get to short stop in a couple of days, but I wouldn't want him there. As for Hariston, I have a better option there, which I will also get too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Brewers are going to gamble that Matt Gamel will produce. One thing I hate about Doug Melvin is that he likes to gamble. Like he did with Bentancourt at short. He cost them in the playoffs with his gaffs on defense. I would be surprised if the Brewers make any bold moves here.

    ReplyDelete