Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Brewers Second Base Situation

OK. I am going to warn all of you guys before reading this that if you like Rickie Weeks, you probably should stop reading. Because my plan entails moving Rickie Weeks to another team.
I think that the Brewers should trade Rickie Weeks. There, I'm just going to lay it out there.
I think that if the Brewers really wanted to look into making this team better than it is right now, they should think about acquiring a good pitcher, and a scrub second baseman for Weeks. Ideally we would trade him to the D-Backs for Daniel Hudson and Aaron Hill, but we might have to add something to that. Now I think that they should trade Weeks because he is just way to injury prone to have on a team. Plus, he could draw interest from other teams because he is just starting a new contract so it's not like he will be a rental player or anything. The Brewers also could target pitchers like Brandon Morrow (Blue Jays) or James Shields (Rays).

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Jacob... I believe there is little chance of the Brewers trading Ricky Weeks. I think they like the power he generates at 2nd base too much. Doug Melvin is a power-happy GM because Miller Park it a hitters park and balls fly out of there like just about no other park. Home runs draw fans, and they need to draw over 3 million to maintain their payroll.

    ReplyDelete